With over 10000 licenses, PCSWMM is one of the most popular hydrological and hydraulic softare. It has been the leading decision support system for US EPA SWMM since PCSWMM’s original release in 1984 (and before that as FastSWMM in 1977).
Applied in tens of thousands of sewer and stormwater management studies throughout the world (over 60 countries), typical applications of PCSWMM include:
- design and sizing of drainage system components for flood control
- sizing of detention facilities and their appurtenances for flood control and water quality protection)
- designing control strategies for minimizing combined sewer overflows (CSOs) and sanitary sewer overflows (SSOs)
- evaluating the impact of rainfall-dependant inflow and infiltration (RDII) on sanitary sewer overflows and water-in-basements (WIBs)
- dual-drainage (major/minor system) modeling and design, including dynamic interaction of dual systems
- evaluating global optimal and/or passive real-time control (GO RTC) operational strategies
- flood plain mapping of natural channel system
- integrated catchment/watershed management modeling, including rural areas, river systems, urban sewer systems, treatment plants and receiving waters
- generating non-point source pollutant loadings for waste load allocation studies
- evaluating the effectiveness of best management practices (BMPs) and/or Low Impact Development (LID) for reducing wet weather pollutant loadings
- evaluating strategies for NPDES Permits, CMOM, and TMDL requirements.